Mystery shops are being conducted in order to assess the customer experience when shopping for a new smartphone. Be prepared to evaluate sales associates on the following:
- Ability to make smartphone model recommendations, including a decisive model that is “best for me”
- Reasons for smartphone recommendations
In order to participate in this program, you must complete the following requirements:
- Be willing to pose as being open to any brand/model of smartphone recommended in the store within an assigned scenario.
- If you or any member of your family is an employee of the retailer type you visit, you are not eligible.
You may only complete each location once per week. Completing a location more often could result in your shop being excluded.
USING THE PRESTO MOBILE APP
All assignments will be completed using the Presto Insta-shops Mobile Application.
- Download the Presto Insta-shops app via the app store or visit www.prestomap.com to create an account.
- Important: The email address that you use to register with Presto needs to match your GfK shopper email.
- You will be provided with a unique access code in order to view shops on this project.
- When you open the app, locate the FILTER option at the top.
- Enter the access code we provide under Private Project code.
- The blue pins you see are your options for shops to complete.
It is a good practice to claim your shops each day before you start shopping. You can do this by visiting www.prestomap.com
NOTE: When you claim a pin, you will have 12 hours to submit the survey. Failure to do so, will result in that pin falling off your account and reappearing back on the map for any shopper to select.
START DATES: Some PINS will have start dates in the future. This means you should not visit the location until the date listed. You can still claim the PIN to hold it, but do not visit until the allowed start date. Once the start date arrives, you will have 12 hours to submit the survey.
You will be conducting in-store visits to gain TWO recommendations from a sales associate on purchasing anew smartphone. The objective is to learn which smartphone is recommended as ‘best for me’. Please refer to your shop assignment to determine your assigned scenario.
Do not disclose your current smartphone model or carrier during this assignment unlessspecifically stated in your assigned scenario. Portray someone who is open to any brand.
SWITCH to Verizon
'Best for Me'
(Verizon locations only)
|I am considering switching to Verizon from T-Mobile & looking for the best phone for me. What do you recommend?|
SWITCH to Verizon $100/month for phone and service
(Verizon locations only)
|I am considering switching to Verizon from T-Mobile & looking to spend about $100/month for the phone and service. What do you recommend?|
SWITCH to T-Mobile
Less than $250 phone
(T-Mobile locations only)
|I am considering switching to T-Mobile & looking for a new smartphone for a reasonable price (Less than $250, $9/month on device payment).|
SWITCH to Cricket
Less than $120 phone
(Cricket locations only)
|I am considering switching to Cricket & bringing my number over from MetroPCS. I am looking for a new smartphone for a reasonable price (Less than $120).|
SWITCH to MetroPCS
(MetroPCS locations only)
|I am considering switching to MetroPCS & might want to bring my number over. I am looking for a new smartphone for a reasonable price ($100-$220).|
SWITCH to Boost
(Boost Mobile locations only)
|I am considering switching to Boost & might want to bring my number over from Cricket. I am looking for a new smartphone for a reasonable price ($100-$130.|
Best Buy Unlocked
(Best Buy locations only)
|I am looking for an updated smartphone that I can use with most carriers and not be locked into a contract. I would like to stay in the $200-$300 price range.|
Best Buy Unlocked
(Best Buy locations only)
I am looking for an updated smartphone that I can use with most carriers and not be locked into a contract. I would like to stay in the $450-$500 price range.
An unlocked phone is one that is not restricted by a contract and can be used with multiple carriers. For Best Buy scenarios, be sure to ask about an UNLOCKED phone that will work on the specific carriers listed.
- Capture a storefront photo and a business card or flyer for each location you visit. Take a photo of the location exterior at the time of your visit.
- Hours of Operation: It is your responsibility to confirm a location’s hours of operation before conducting your visit. Arrive at least 30 minutes after the store opens, and do not shop during the last hour of operation each day.
- Best Buy Shoppers: Begin your interaction in the Best Buy Mobile Department. Do not conduct your shop in an area that is dedicated to only one smartphone brand.
|Boost, Cricket and metroPCS locations might NOT be listed with the merchant name on the door. These locations might be inside convenience stores, gas stations or other types of businesses. Check closely for signage, banners or other advertising at these merchants, to verify you are in the correct location. As best practice, always verify your assign location is open prior to conducting your visit.|
Wait Times: If you are not offered assistance within 5 minutes, approach someone for help.
If your wait time for assistance exceeds 40 minutes, get a business card / brochure with the store information listed. You are required to wait 40 minutes for help.
Brand Promoters: Some sales associates represent a specific brand of smartphone such as Apple or Samsung. Do not conduct your interaction with a brand promoter. A brand promoter might be wearing a branded shirt or be located in an area of the store specific to that brand.
Sales Associate Interaction: Engage a sales associate in assisting you with your scenario. Provide your scenario to start a dialogue. Allow the conversation with the sales associate to proceed in a natural fashion. Be prepared to answer the following questions in a natural manner with the answers provided below:
- What smartphone do you currently use?
- “I’ve owned several different smartphones and do not have a preference.”
- Do you have a preference for any brand?
- “No. I have used all different brands, so I am open to any brand and type of phone.”
- How do you plan on using the phone?
- “I use it for general purposes: Texting, taking pictures, Internet searches and social media apps (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) – similar to how other people use their phone.”
|Do not disclose your current smartphone model or carrier unless specifically mentioned in your assigned scenario.|
Obtain the sales associate’s FIRST and SECOND recommendation on a smartphone model.
Many smartphone models sound similar. Be sure you are clear on the specific models that are recommended.
"BEST FOR ME"
Once TWO recommendations have been provided, ask: “Which model do you think is BEST FOR ME?” Then ask WHY the model was recommended.
A demonstration and/or accessories may be recommended. Be sure to capture what was mentioned for your survey.
Taking notes: It is acceptable to take a few notes on a flyer or scrap of paper BEFORE your interaction with the sales associate begins, or AFTER it is completed. Do not take notes while speaking with the sales associate.
Once you have collected all of your information including the model that was recommended as ‘Best for You’, thank the associate and indicate you would like to think about your purchase and will return.
All assignments must be submitted via the Presto app within 12 hours of completion. Please be available for up to 72 hours after completing your assignment for questions/clarification on any details you provided in your survey.