We understand that things happen and that you may sometimes claim a shop by accident, especially if you're new to Presto and not used to how it works! If that's the case, please review the shop claim process so you understand it.
Shops that you claim and do not complete can count against you as a shopper! This includes situations where:
- You didn't intend to claim it (but you clicked the Claim button anyway)
- You realized afterwards that you won't be able to get to the location and complete the shop within the assigned time
- You didn't account for the location's hours of operation
- You decided afterwards that you just don't want to do the shop
- ...or ANY OTHER REASON that you fail to complete the shop
If you have claimed a shop that you know you can't complete, you can help us (and your reliability rating) by manually abandoning the shop. This allows the shop to go back onto the map immediately, where it can be claimed by another shopper (rather than keeping the shop locked until the time limit expires). To manually abandon a shop, follow these steps:
- Go to the Presto map (http://prestomap.com) and click the menu button. If you're not logged onto your shopper account, you'll need to log in.
- Find the shop in the list of Incomplete Evaluations and click Continue Evaluation.
- Click the Green Man icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Click Delete Evaluation. The shop will be manually abandoned and will be available to other shoppers.